A TRANSACTRAINER is a Legal English trainer with a law degree and several years of practical legal experience, as well a recognised qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages and significant experience in teaching English for lawyers and other professionals.
Carla Monteiro-Reuter is TRANSACTRAINING’s owner and principal trainer.
LL.M (Taxation), Solicitor of England & Wales (non-practising)
Carla founded TRANSACTRAINING in Munich in May 2014. She is a qualified lawyer in South Africa and in England & Wales and worked as a corporate and tax lawyer at leading law firms in Johannesburg and London until late 2010, when she moved to Munich.
Carla is a Cambridge-certified trainer of English for speakers of other languages and a certified intercultural trainer. She is a native speaker of English and is fluent in German, Portuguese and Afrikaans.
Since 2010, Carla has trained hundreds of practising lawyers, in-house counsel and law students on Legal English, Business Communication Skills and Intercultural Awareness.
- She held the post of Lecturer in Law at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa (from 2002-5), where she taught courses on Taxation, Property, Evidence and Conflict of Laws to Bachelor of Laws students.
- She was in legal practice in Johannesburg, South Africa, for 3 years (from 2004-7) as a tax and corporate law specialist at Webber Wentzel (in alliance with Linklaters), one of South Africa’s premier law firms.
- She worked in London for 4 years (from 2007-10), first as a banking and finance lawyer in Allen & Overy LLP’s Global Loans practice and later as a tax and corporate law specialist in a multi-jurisdictional legal advisory practice (Maitland Advisory LLP). Towards the end of her stay in London, she also took up a short-term contract with Linklaters LLP in their Employee Incentives Group.
Carla has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts
- BA (Hons) in English
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Laws (Taxation)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Company Law
- Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Certificate in Intercultural Training (LTS, Bath, England)
Carla is a member of the Munich English Language Teachers Association (MELTA), the European Legal English Teachers Association (EULETA), the IATEFL English for Specific Purposes Special Interest Group (EPSIG) and the IATEFL Business English Special Interest Group (BESIG).